There are no refunds for missed lessons or classes. Students are offered two makeups per academic year for missed lessons with advance notice. If additional scheduling conflicts occur, students may trade lesson times with other students by consulting the Swap List. Lessons cancelled by the student less than 4 hours in advance will not be rescheduled. Any lessons cancelled by the studio due to weather or teacher illness will be rescheduled. There are no makeups offered for missed group classes such as Music Share or Folk Songs and Fun.
Students may choose to have their name and contact information included in the studio Swap List. By doing so, they gain access to a list of other students willing to trade lesson times when schedule conflicts occur, based upon their availability. The studio must be informed of any changes a minimum of 4 hours in advance.
Where Does my Tuition Go?
Tuition covers more than the time spent in your weekly lesson. Your tuition payment includes the following:
- Teacher preparation time for each lesson
- Student recitals and other performance opportunities offered throughout the year
- Regular teacher / parent communication
- Professional memberships and journals for studio
- Continued teacher training and development
- Studio upkeep (teaching resources and instrument maintenance)